According to witnesses, smoke was seen coming from the building at approximately 6am on Wednesday morning, March 20. Minutes later, the facility was engulfed in flames. No one was inside the structure and no injuries occurred.
Early reports indicate that the Giddings Junior Varsity team lost all of its equipment in the fire. The damage to the Varsity team’s equipment is currently being assessed.
The Giddings Booster Club is currently raising money to help offset the expense of replacing the lost equipment.
Terrible wake up call that our Baseball Clubhouse is on fire this morning. Working on clean up and getting essentials replaced! Prayers appreciated! The Buffs will get through this. #Gobuffs. #thistoshallpass pic.twitter.com/ohUGSus9eS
— Giddings Baseball (@GiddingsBuffBsb) March 20, 2019