- This event has passed.
Trosky Baseball Sacramento Showcase Camp | Lathrop, CA
September 14 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT$285
Showcase Camp Details
Additional Showcase Camp Details
With over 25 years of running college camps and working major showcase events, Nate Trosky and Trosky Baseball have developed the most productive camps in the country, connecting both high school and junior college players with college coaches and professional scouts. Trosky Showcase Camps have the best player-to-coach ratio (averaging 30 college coaches per event), they take place on 1 field providing maximum value, players participate in multiple games providing the highest number of live ABs and innings pitched, and players have the opportunity to learn from and meet the college coaches attending camp. College coaches, professional scouts, parents, and players say Trosky camps exceed expectations. We are flexible with the schedules of those who cannot attend an entire event. Sundays begins with optional baseball chapel.
Playing one position: $285.00
Dual Player (pitching & playing a position) add an additional: $125.00
Camp Check-in / Camp Introduction / Dynamic Warm-up / Mental Game Talks / Skills Training with college coaches / 5-Tool Evaluation & Testing / Simulated Games / Live Games / NCAA Compliance Talk / Pro Scout Talk / College Coaches Introduction / Q and A / Optional Chapel / Guest Speaker / Camp Conclusion
Each player must bring his own baseball equipment. Players should bring a glove, bat (wood or regulation High School Metal Bat), batting gloves, helmet, cleats/spikes, running shoes or turf shoes, hat, and any other equipment they feel necessary to compete. Catchers must bring their own gear. Please mark name on all items. Trosky Baseball will not be responsible for lost items.
School confirmed to attend
- Stanford University DI
- Loyola Marymount University DI
- University of Northern Colorado DI
- Sacramento State DI
- Santa Clara University DI
- St Mary’s College DI
- CSU East Bay DI
- Chico State DII
- Pro Scouts AL
- Fresno Pacific University DII
- San Francisco State DII
- UC Davis DI
- Pro Scouts NL
- Simpson University NAIA
- William Jessup University NAIA
TROSKY’S 6 CONCEPTS
After working numerous camps and events across the west coast and being a former college recruiter and professional baseball scout, Coach Trosky became frustrated with the typical format used by major camp organizations. Typical formats include:
- Paying extremely high prices for a mediocre products
- A low number of college coaches in attendance
- A low number of repetitions on both offense and defense
- A limited amount of game exposure
- A lack of connection with the coaches attending the event
- A limited amount of player development
Over the years it became clear that despite attending numerous events and spending thousands of dollars, the majority of high school players end up with unfulfilled dreams. As a result, the Trosky Camp model was built.
The 6 Core Concepts
- Multiple Games: Players participate in simulated and live games. With the peaks and valleys of baseball, multiple games give each player the opportunity to be consistent and to make important adjustments.
- Repetition: Players participate in multiple skills and tool development training sessions throughout camp.
- Relationships: Attending college coaches are on the field coaching the players in skills training and during the both the live games and simulated games
- Information: Players and parents receive recruiting insight from active college recruiting coordinators and from recruiting specialist Nate Trosky. The informative talks conclude with a Q & A session. At the conclusion of camp activities, Coach Trosky is available to answer recruiting questions.
- Opportunity: Attending college coaches represent a wide range of colleges and universities (DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, and JC) giving each player the opportunity to be recruited by schools that meet his scholastic, financial, social, and athletic needs.
- Schedule Flexibility: Trosky Games Camps are flexible with the schedules of those who cannot attend the entire camp (if you have a special schedule request, we can accommodate). All players are free to come and go throughout the camp when they are not able to attend.
REASONS TO ATTEND:
- We make player development a priority each day for both pitchers and position players.
- Informative lectures regarding the 6th tool, mental game and the NCAA compliance process.
- Players learn the Trosky 5-Tool Player Development Model (both pitchers and position players learn the 5 physical tools and the 6th tool the mental make-up tool)
- Participants are 5-Tool Trained: 60 yard dash, Shuttle, Velocity Throw, Exit Speed, & Quality At-Bats.
- Players receive the Trosky 5-Tool Rating Evaluation Card
(gives players an overall grade of their 5 Tools, strengths and weaknesses and where they stand as college prospects).
- Pitcher’s velocity and development notes are given to the pitchers after their outings.
- Individual Player Evaluations completed by the college coaches can be received.
- Roster spots are limited – maximizing playing time, innings pitched, and at-bats.
- Camp participants play multiple games (both live games and simulated games with the the college coaches coaching and encouraging the players.